Disputing the Tax Liability

(630) 960-0500

You may dispute that you owe taxes to the IRS, or have doubts that the amount IRS says that you owe is correct. In those cases it is recommended that a transcript of your tax records be secured and compared to your own records of payments. If you have evidence that IRS assessed more than you owe, or that some payments you made were not credited to your account, it is possible to contact the IRS and ask them to correct their records. It is usually a matter of preparing a letter with appropriate documentation and contacting the right Department or Section of the IRS. In some cases it may require seeking the assistance of the Taxpayer Advocate's office if efforts through the usual channels are not effective.

[LAW FIRM NAME] Is Here for You

At [LAW FIRM NAME], [I/WE] focus on [PRACTICE AREA(S)] and [I/WE] [AM/ARE] here to listen to you and help you navigate the legal system.

Contact Us Today

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Hablamos Español

Kalbame lietuviškai